Painting as an altar

Art
Last Sunday I was invited by Cebuano visual artist Celso Duazo Pepito to visit his studio along Tandang Sora in Quezon City.


It was truly an honor for me. It was a preview to some of his works that will be on display for his upcoming one-man show at the SM Art Center in SM Megamall.

What greeted me when I entered the studio, well aside from sir Celso who opened the door, was his newest painting of St. Joseph on wood, whose feast we will be celebrating this Saturday. 


I have always considered St. Joseph to be my patron saint. It was overwhelming for me.

Around 50 of his works would be on display, and I would assume that some of his best works from his most avid collectors will also be in display. This would be a rare opportunity.

One of the best things I like of sir Celso's works is that you could easily see that every piece is made so lovingly and with utmost dedication. 

A devout Roman Catholic, he shared that his works are actually his apostolate, his way of revealing and witnessing to God's love through Christ Jesus.

As sir Celso would put it:
After a decade of struggling to give meaning to my faith, I slowly discovered the relevance of being a painter, realizing that being one can be a great opportunity to advance ones personal advocacy and mission in life.
His 40th one-man show, entitled Visual Advocacy will run until April 10, at the SM Art Center, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City.  


Here are some of sir Celso's new works. Some of these may just be on display in the show. 





Thank you, sir Celso, for this rare opportunity.

Comments

Popular Posts